What is a good moisturizer for mature skin?

With all the millions of stuff out there please tell me a good lotion for my face...i know to use sunscreen but i need moisture. Cetaphil doesn't work for me and Cerave isn't giving enough moisture.

Elevase Moisture Booster is an excellent moisturizer

A healthy skin regimen is important. Many of our patients benefit from a combination of a Retinoid cream (Replenish) + Elevase Moisture Booster.  Elevase contains ceramides that work well to protect the skin and reinforce its function.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Moisturizer for Mature Skin

First, as is appropriate, I shall disclose that I am a consultant for Proctor and Gamble's Olay Division.  That having been said, the accepted "gold standard" of anti aging creams, and the only one approved by the FDA, is tretinoin, a prescription derivative of Vitamin A.
In double blind studies, Olay Pro X was shown equivalent to tretinion over a 28 week course of treatment. Their deep wrinkle cream is very effective when combined with the
daily moisturizing sunscreen containing Niacin.  The Olay ProX line of products is available over the counter in most pharmacies.
Published British Journal of Dermatology Vol 162 #3 March, 2010

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Moisturizer, the Worst Thing to do to Your Skin

Women have been using moisturizers because their mothers and grandmothers and the companies that make them told them to. This was started when we did not know any better. In fact, moisturizers do two very bad things to the skin. First, they tell the skin to stop making its natural moisture. This just makes the problem worse. Secondly, you are adding weight to the thick dead layer of the skin that, together with the thinned support layer, increases the incidence of wrinkles. The proper treatment is to get rid of the thick dead cell (dead = dry) layer of the skin and then let the normal skin make its own moisture. This can be done with an alpha or beta hydroxyl in a cleanser or applied separately daily, frequent microdermabrasion or frequent micro peels or a combination. The skin should then have a pH balancer (such as Vitamin C Serum) applied and then a sunblock that blocks both UVB (what they have traditionally blocked and what SPF indicates is blocked) and UVA (blocked essentially by only avobenzone and Zinc Oxide, the latter being the most practical). You may feel dry for a month or so until the skin begins making its own moisture again, but your skin will thank you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon