Will my incision still heal flat even though it opened? (photo)

I had surgery on my face for my chicken pox scar to be removed and made into a thin flat line! After my surgery the scar then opened and the surgent said it was all fine just time will tell but now I'm very worried it's been 3 months and I don't know what to believe and if it will still heel flat even though it opened?

Scar revision for the forehead

Your scar may further benefit from surgical scar revision, subcision, and fractional lasers. At this time, use Plato's Scar serum twice daily. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Depressed Scar on Forehead From Dehisced Surgical Incision

Dear bethanykittyclarke~ 

Thank you for sharing your photos. At 3 months there is still some scar remodeling occurring, and probably a small amount of residual swelling remains. It's possible that the depression will become less noticeable with more time. You would be a good candidate for microneedling with PRP and/or laser resurfacing. If the scar is still depressed after complete healing, fillers can help make it appear more flat. If it the appearance is still unsatisfactory after all the above, you can have the scar excised again with a flat line closure, keeping in mind that that would require restarting the entire healing process from day 1.

Amy Hsu

Amy K Hsu, MD

Incision Scar/After Opening/Will it Flatten? -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD, tatooin

It's difficult to tell from your photo. It may flatten out some with time, but the appearance of this scar should improve with a combination treatment that includes laser and micro needling. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer