How to get rid of long lasting purple scars?

I have had bad acne all over my body for about 5 years, and because of that I of course have a lot of scaring but for the past half year the new scars are this purple/blue-ish color and they just stay that way. Why does this happen? Is there something I can do to make the scars go away?

V Beam Pulse Dye laser for red to purple scars.

I like the use of vascular lasers such as Pulse Dye laser for red to purple acne scars. You will require 2-4 sessions spaced 4 weeks apart. 

If they are raised, steroid injections can flatten them out. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

V-Beam for these Acne Scars

A combination of V-Beam and microneedling with PRP will help address these purple acne scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Scars on Body -- Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tattooing

Lasers and steroid injections can help improve scars on the face and body.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Purple Red Scars and the possible treatment of these scars from Acne

It depends on how it looks. If large you can consider excision followed by laser resurfacing for smoothing out the scars. If smaller you can consider laser excision much like how you do lasering for moles. Even smaller scars can be improved with a full face laser resurfacing.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon