Face bumps or acne scars? (Photo)

Dear Doctors, I never had bumps, acne or allergies in my life, but all of a sudden (age: 50) my face started to change. I've seen several Dermatologists, tried many creams and peelings, but it doesn't seem to go away. I believe it has something to do with hormons. I like to know, if possible, what can cause this problem, and how to get my old face back. Thank you in advance.

Doctor Answers 1

Bumps on Face/Sebaceous Gland Hyperplasia--Sebaceous Hyperplasia Treatment--Lasers, Isotretinoin

This looks like sebaceous hyperplasia or dilated or enlarged oil glands.  They are deep under the skin, typically that requires a combination treatment with microneedling/prp and lasers.  Sometimes if you have many, isotretinoin can clear these completely without recurrence. Lasers like clear and brilliant and very effective as well.  See a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.