How to get rid red of acne scar under eye? (photos)

About 3 year ago I got a pimple under my eye. Being a stupid teen, i squeezed it and when it heeled it left this red mark under my eye. 3 years later nothing has changed. I've tried scar ointment, coco butter and nothing it working. It almost looks like I popped a capillaries under my eye. it is slightly raised if that helps

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Spider Nevi Respond Well & Quickly To Simple & Inexpensive Electrodessication

The clarity of the spot in the photo is unfortunately not sufficient to permit an accurate diagnosis of the problem.

IF this is a small hypertrophic scar, then an injection of a small amount of an anti-inflammatory agent, triamcinolone acetonide suspension, would be in order to shrink it, without the need for any other treatment.

If, on the other, it is a "spider nevus,"  i.e. a small, slightly dilated arteriole with little spider leg-like, outwardly radiating capillary blood vessels, then the use of a simple  electrodessicating current is typically sufficient to close it off and prompt its disappearance. If you are able to press down on the spot and cause it to blanch, this would be a good indication that you are dealing with a spider nevus.

Neither of the above problems, in my experience, requires the additional expense of the use of any light or energy-based device. 

Of course, seeking consultation with a board certified aesthetic dermatologist is strongly suggested in order for the correct diagnosis to be made and for the appropriate therapy to be selected.  

Best of luck

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Red Scar Under Eye

The best way to get rid of this scar is a combination of the V-Beam laser and intralesional cortisone injections.  With this dual prong approach you should be able to get rid of this scar.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green