How do I get rid of this or lessen the pain of this scar? It turns deep purple sometimes and hurts. (photo)

Doctor Answers 2

Hypertrophic cutting scars

I would recommend a combination of IIT and fractional lasers to improve your scars. The width of your scars is likely permanent. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Scar Removal--Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision

You will need to seen an expert for an evaluation. Scars require combination treatment to get the best result. Lasers, microneedling and subcision may all be needed. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 188 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.