Acne scars and cystic hormonal acne treatments, Azelex is burning and causing my skin to itch. Advice? (photos)

Hi I'm 24 and a mother of four. I started getting these horrible cyst filled acne when I had my third son and now returning with a vengeance. I just had my last son two months ago and it's horrible again. My derm prescribed azelex because I'm a breastfeeding mom. It's burning my skin and itchy. Seems to be bringing out more acne than I had before. I really need some help I'm crying constantly. It hurts and is ruining my skin.

Acne treatments

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with acne. Unfortunately, there are limited treatment options that are safe during breastfeeding or pregnancy, and Azelex is one of them. I highly recommend you consult with your dermatologist regarding your concerns and irritation with Azelex and to discuss alternative treatment options safe while breastfeeding. Take care and good luck.