What acne scar treatment is best for my skin? (Photos)

thanks for taking time to read, I have boxcar scars, ice-pick scars and hyperpigmentation on my bilateral cheeks which I am extremely concious about. I just finished Accutane a month ago, and I'm aware I need to wait 6 months, but what would be the best? Thank you very much!

TCA CROSS then

1-3 sessions of TCA CROSS for the icepick/boxcars, followed by a series of treatments with a fractional device (Fraxel 1550, fractionated CO2, or radio frequency needling) should give good results.  See a dermatologist who specialises in scar treatments.  There appears to be some ongoing acne activity also, so you may need to stay on Accutane a little longer.  Best wishes, Shobhan.

Treatment for Acne Scars

It will take a combination of lasers and bleaching creams and chemical peels to get your acne scars improved.  Of course lasers should wait 6 to 12 months depending on which laser you need.  The V-Beam can be done sooner to help remove the redness as well as the topical creams.  Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Video says it all...

Thanks for your photos. Legally, 6 months wash out, but most will perform procedures within 3 months. Not a difficult job. Raise the deep scars, laser the rest. Expect some skin pigmentation changes for a few months. Looks like you have fair skin type, so it should not be an issue.

Dr Davin Lim

Laser and aesthetic Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD