Trying to decide between Cellulaze/Smart Lipo combo or Cellfina. I am 34 years old, 5'6" and 135lbs. Best approach for me? (Phot

My cellulite appeared at 26 with what I've always felt looks like a deformity on my right outer thigh. It is not a dimple but more of a line/groove of cellulite that gives an uneven contour. I consulted with a plastic surgeon for Cellulaze who said it's a fat deposit and suggested Cellulaze with a bit of Smart Lipo in that area. Cellulaze complications do scare me. Then I heard of Cellfina and have a consult next week. The other area I hate is same leg above knee inner thigh area- more grooves.

Trying to decide between Cellulaze/Smart Lipo combo or Cellfina. I am 34 years old, 5'6" and 135lbs. Best approach for me?

If you want to improve your cellulite, then the answer is pretty simple. There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina candidate or not

cellfina is good for localized small areas. if you want larger areas treated, I like VASER smooth with fat transfer sometimes I even combine with ThermiRF.  I like combination treatment when cellulite is in these areas.  I suggest a formal consultaiton with a body sculpting expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Use Of Cellulaze And SmartLipo In Tandem To Treat Cellulite

Based on our experience at Wave Plastic Surgery, I do think that the deformities you demonstrate can be a very stubborn problem, because the contour irregularities can extend to multiple layers of skin and soft tissue. For this reason, single modality treatment is often inadequate to completely address these issues.  

I think your best bet would, in fact, be a combination of SmartLipo and Cellulaze.  The first phase of treatment will be to use Cellulaze to transect the bands that can run from the deep muscle or bone to the superficial layers of the skin, constricting variably sized pockets of fat cells to cause the dimpling of the skin so characteristic of cellulite. We can also use Cellulaze to melt some of this bulging fat, and to tighten and thicken the skin overlying the areas of cellulite to better camouflage it.

The next step will be to employ SmartLipo to fine tune the contour of this area and feather this contouring to contiguous areas of your right lateral thigh, so that skin is as smooth and uniform as possible.  It is sometimes necessary to repeat these two phases, either individually or together, to achieve the optimal treatment. There is no question that the definitive treatment of cellulite has traditionally represented one of the greatest challenges in aesthetic surgery, but, thankfully, we now have better tools with which to meet that challenge!

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellulite Treatment in Los Angeles

I am one of the leading experts on cellulite and developed a treatment known as the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment to address difficult cellulite pockets. The therapy is longlasting and effective. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cellfina or Cellulaze

Cellfina is good for small focal areas.  For more diffuse areas of treatment, I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite. Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things: 1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence. The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck! Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Based on the photos submitted, you would probably benefit from Cellfina and liposuction. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you experienced in both. They can examine you, then discuss treatment options in detail.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Treating dimples on the buttock with Cellfina

Cellfina will definitely treated the dimples on the buttock and thigh.  The lateral area is hard to say without a formal in person exam.