I'm 19 and I'm just starting to have acne, what do I do to get rid of them asap so I don't have to deal with the scars? (photos)

I'm looking for a type of pill or something that will help me stop new pimples from coming everyday, I've tried creams and went to a dermatologist that gave me a cream for my acne but I see no difference. I seriously need help, I'm losing all my confidence

Acne treatments

Thank you for your question. I would recommend trying the Clenziderm kit by Obagi. This would be a great product to use at home. In addition, the Regenlite laser is great to help treat acne. This laser kills and reduces the bacteria and doesn't  have any downtime. Good luck to you.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Acne treatments

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to assess and evaluate your skin through photographs, and I cannot recommend any treatments without evaluating you in person. However, after looking at your photos, it looks like you suffer from a combination of acne: inflammatory lesions (red bumps), and comedones (whiteheads and blackheads). In my experience, I found a combination therapy of oral antibiotics and topical medications to be effective in treating mild to moderate acne. On the other hand, there are alternative therapies, which include Accutane, chemical peels, and facials. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin assessed and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD