How soon can I revise a columella scar after rhinoplasty?

How soon can I revise a columella scar after rhinoplasty? I learned from answers I got from doctors that I need to wait for a year at leas to revise teh nose surgery, but how about only the scar revision ?

Collumella scar therapy

If you are not already using any scar remedies, you may benefit from a personalized topical scar cream I formulate for my patients.  See below...
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter topical scar therapy gels or silicone sheets that are unsightly and/or fail to stay on. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home. Glad to help.

Revision of Columella Scar

Each surgeon has different preferences regarding the best time to revise a columella scar after rhinoplasty, however most surgeons will usually wait one year to allow contour and pigmentation problems to “settle down.” In my practice, I will consider procedures prior to one year including steroid injections for bumpy scar and pulse dye laser treatments of hyperemic scars. In certain scenarios, an earlier revision could be considered if an obvious misalignment were evident. A board-certified facial plastic surgeon may examine your scar to determine if steroid injections, laser treatments, or scar excision would be best for you. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you on further details about which treatment is best for you without photos or an in-office examination.

Stephen P. Smith, Jr., MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

This really depends upon what will be required to improve the scar. Laser resurfacing or dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion) can be very helpful and can be performed as early as 6 weeks post-surgery. Scar revision would need to wait 6-12 months. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a columellar scar in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in columellar scar revision and scar treatment. Application of Plato's Scar Serum, pulsed dye laser, and possibly scar excision can improve the scar on the nasal base. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS