Facelift for a 35 Year Old?

I am only 35. My body look like 20 but my face look so old due my job which is in the kitchen all the time by the grill. I don't like looking at my face in the mirror. It scares and stresses me out. Do I need a Facelift? Thank you

Your work can wear out your face

While rare, a face lift can be the best option for a younger patient.

The mid-thirties patients I had who have had very successful facial rejuvenations, which included facelifts, were a tennis pro and a ski instructor. Both are healthy, youthful people whose lifestyle weathered their faces prematurely. I suspect that your exposure at work resembles the same effect.

They responded beautifully to lift, fills, and minor behavior modification with a great outcome both short term and long term.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

35 - do I need a facelift?

There really is no easy answer for your question. Also, it is impossible to give a good opinion without examining you or even seeing a picture.  The best thing to do would be to see a Plastic surgeon in consultation to assess your individual anatomy and give you realistic expectations of what surgery can fix. He/she can discuss your options and help you have a better understanding of any procedures.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Facelift at age 35

It is very unlikely that a person is a candidate for a facelift at age 35.  If the way your face is aging concerns you, seek consultation from a facial rejuvenation expert so that you can discuss:

• Botox
  • Fillers
  • Preventative measures for aging
  • Skin care routines
  • Resurfacing procedures
  • Lifestyle changes

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift in a 35 year old is possible but very uncommon; look for other treatments first.

You may be better off with a less invasive technique such as a peel or laser resurfacing. However, in rare cases, particularly massive weight loss or paitents with sever skin laxity, I have performed facelifts in patients 35 and younger.

35 year old for a Facelift

The young face that looks old could be because of thin soft tissues, lack of volume. The first choice would be to add volume to the face by using fillers. If that does not work then facelift would be a good option.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 35?

Thank you for your enquiry.  Anna you would need an examination from a plastic surgeon, who then can access your skin laxity.  I have performed facelifts on younger patients (late 30's) who have been a good candidate for a mini facelift.  There are other alternatives such as: botox, filler, chemical peels etc which could be a temporary, beneficial solution as well.
I have pioneered my Concept Facelift, which targets the SMAS muscle and skin, therefore giving the same longevity as a traditional facelift, however is performed under local anaesthetic.  This ensures a significantly reduced recovery period, with minimum swelling and bruising, therefore patients returning to their daily routines within 5-7 days. My reasons for pioneering this were because patients did not want the health risk of going under general anaesthetic (especially as is it not a necessity procedure), local anaesthetic or twilight sedation would be a great alternative, not only for health reasons but your recovery period will be shorter. 
Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.
All The Best 

Skin quality is most important factor when determining facelift candidacy

Without seeing any photos or examining you in person, it is impossible to tell if you would be a candidate for a facelift. That being said, while 35 is generally considered young for a surgical facelift, age is not as important as skin quality when considering one. If your face has prematurely aged as much as you say it have, it is possible that you could be a candidate. Otherwise, nowadays there are many non-invasive facial rejuvenation techniques, such as dermal fillers, non-surgical skin tightening, and neuromodulators, that could be a better option for you. Visit a board-certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to determine a custom treatment plan for you.

Facelift for a 35 Year Old

Thank you for your question. Usually, for younger patients, it is not advisable to have a facelift. The best option for you would probably be less invasive techniques like laser surfacing, botox or dermal fillers or the non-surgical facelift with energy devices. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Early Treatment of Facial Aging

It’s not unusual for patients in their mid-thirties to notice changes that are associated with aging. These patients frequently seek consultation with plastic surgeons. It would be unusual for someone this age to require a facelift, but this depends on their specific anatomic findings.
The vast majority of patients in this situation require temporizing maneuvers. These include Botox injectable fillers and skin re-surfacing. These procedures often address concerns about aging without exposing patients to the risks of surgery.
If you’re in your thirties and are concerned about facial aging it’s appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan to address your concerns.

Facelift at 35?

At your age it would be unusual for a facelift to be done. I would look to other non-ivasive methods first. The basis of a facelift is not pulling the skin rather it is repositioning of tissues under the skin and then re-draping the skin over the more youthful understructure. In some patients neck liposuction, fat grafting and other procedures to the eyes or forehead are done concurrently. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a detailed exam and treatment plan. Most have complimentary or low cost consultations.