Is there a way to reduce the appearance and depth of white stetch marks (besides profractionnal laser)?

I have old deep white stretch marks on my thighs and have done one profractionnal laser treatment. I have fair skin and it caused hyperpigmentation so I would like to know if there is any other treatment to reduce the appearance and deph of old stretch marks. My doctor suggested I try carboxytherapy or platelet rich plasma injections (Selphyl) to stimulate collagen production. Would one of those treatments be effective? If so, wich one? Are there any other treatments you can suggest? Thank you.

Old stretch marks and treatments.

New stretch marks are easier to treat than older ones. For new stretch marks (red-purple-pink), my treatment of choice is V BEAM vascular laser combined with compounded Vitamin A creams or a cream called Stratamark. Old stretch marks are harder to treat- my preferred option for old, white, silvery- papery stretch marks is a combination of CO2 fractional laser, or with INFINI RF and PRP. I also use Fraxel ReStore 1550, and also lasers in the 1540 wavelength. Of all the methods I find microneedling with RF energy and PRP the best, as it has the lowest rate of skin colour changes, and the fastest healing time. Results wise, it outperforms CO2 laser! The truth is that stretch mark treatments are HIGHLY variable, depending on your own immune system, your skin type and the age of the stretch marks. Some get a 30% improvement, others up to 80%. An assessment is the very first step.  Dr Davin Lim, Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Improving hypopigmented stretch marks

In short, there is no great treatment. Those suggested by your doctor might have mild improvement. Another treatment that can help somewhat is Infini. I think that improving the hypopigmentation can be done using microneedling and Latisse. I've seen it presented using CO2 laser and Latisse but don't see why the laser is needed.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Stretch Marks -- Microneedling/PRP, Laser, Skin Care/Peels, Sculptra Injections

For stretch marks, I suggest a combination approach with microneedling/PRP, skin care, peels and lasers. Sculptra can fill out indentations. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer