Why are my local dermatologists not recommending any treatment (like laser or injections) for my scars? Acne now under control.

This is in ref to an earlier post. realself.com/question/surrey-bc-possibility-treating-raised-acne-scars-nose Seen 2 dermatologists so far. Asked possibility of doing laser or injections. Dr Resp: laser is not worth it & dismissed injection. More Info: One at the center is 10 mo. Ones on the sides are 4-5 mo. These are from break outs. "Mole" to the side was from 2008 (not an issue till it swelled up last yr). Raised dot on the bridge (last pic) is 7 mo. It popped up painlessly (not acne?).

Top treatments for acne scars include lasers

In our office, we use the Hidef Acne Scar Protocol to effectively improve acne scars on the face. These treatments include lasers, fractional treatments, RF, subcision, and acne surgery. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
#Realself100 Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Scarring needs to be treated with lasers, fillers, TCA cross, subcision and other combinations.  Please see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars and Treatment

Now that your acne is under control would be the perfect time to treat these scars.  Depending on the nature of the scar I prefer Fraxel and eMatrix lasers.   It all depends on how deep your scars are and your skin type. Please consult an expert in this field.  Best, Dr. Green

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD