How Can I Lose Fatty Lump Under my Right Armpit?

When i put my right had on my hip, I can see fat hanging from my armpit.

Doctor Answers 3

How Can I Lose Fatty Lump Under my Right Armpit?

Thank you for the question. Your concerns are not uncommon; many women have concerns about the same areas. Sometimes, liposuction surgery alone will suffice; in many cases, the "excess" skin, adipose tissue, and breast tissue need to be directly exercised in order to achieve the desired improvement in contour. In those cases, liposuction surgery alone may leave patients dissatisfied with the residual (possibly irregular) skin in the infra-axillary areas.
In terms of selection of your plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,488 reviews

Removing a angel wing

The excess tissue under your arm can well be removed by excision.  Because there is extra skin a scar is needed, this is not a liposuction situation.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 67 reviews

Correcting Armpit "Fatty Lump"

You could get an EXCELLENT result by having this area removed surgically. Although there will be a scar in this location all the overhang will be gone. This is typically seen after large weight loss and can be readily corrected.

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 108 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.