How Long Should I Stop Using Hydroquinone Before Getting a Photofacial?

Continue your hydroquinone before and after your photofacial

It is good to continue your hydroquinone right up to and after your photofacial.  It will improve your results and minimize the chance of any post-inflammatory pigmentation problems after your photofacial.

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

All skin types react differently.  Some people may be very sensitive to hydroquinone, while others are not.  I usually recommend discontinuing 5-7 days prior to treatment. 

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

I would suggest approximately five to seven days. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

The only issue with hydroquinone is that it can be irritating for some.

You best bet is to ask your treating physician what their recommendation is and follow it.  Generally for many people who are insensitive to hydroquinone the timing is not an issue.  You actual doctor should know your skin well enough to properly advise you.

Hydroquinone use and IPL/ photofacial

You can continue to use hydroquinone while you are getting a photofacial or IPL treatment. There is no contraindication.