I want to work on the cellulite on my thighs. What do you recommend I do to get rid of the unwanted fat? (Photo)

My thighs since my surgery have gotten bigger and the cellulite too. I'm exercising but that doesn't seem to be working. What can I do to get smoother thighs?

I want to work on the cellulite on my thighs. What do you recommend I do to get rid of the unwanted fat?

Thanks for your question and photos – they help.  We always recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon as we know the most about this concerning problem. Most would recommend one of the RF skin tightening devices – such as the Venus Legacy, the EndyMed 3Deep, the ThermiSmooth Body, or the Syneron VelaShape III – they all work to improve the appearance of cellulite and we always tell patients that maintenance will be needed.  The newer Cellfina device has had some traction – we need to see more clinical data to ensure how well it is going to work long-term. Again, find the right provider and this should be able to taken care of without much concern.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for cellulite of the thighs

Cellfina, thermismooth, vela3 , kuma shape 2 and other RF, infra red , massage technologies , Zimmer Z wave and many other energy devices can be useful.  Liposuction , fat grafting  and other surgical and non surgical treatments all have a place in cellulite treatment.  This is frequently a complex problem that take more than one therapy and more than one treatment to get the best results

Celluliet on thighs

Best bet is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist experienced in Cellfina. This is the most effective method to treat cellulite today. Patient satisfaction rates two years after treatment exceed 90%.

Cellulite -- Exilis Ultra/Cellutone, Venus Legacy/Zimmer Z Wave, Thermage, Ultherapy, Cellfina, Sculptra, ThermiRF/ThermiSmooth

I suggest a formal consultation with a skin care expert.  Cellulite is best treated with a combination approach.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina and SculpSure

Thank you for your question. In your case we would use 2 different treatments. First SculpSure a non invasive fat reduction treatment with great results. Second Cellfina for cellulite. Cellfina is the only long lasting treatment for cellulite.Based on your photos, you appear to be a great candidate for both treatments.

Thigh Cellulite

Thank you for your questions.  The cellulite that you have on your thighs is the dimple-like cellulite that is amenable to treatment with Cellfina.  The FDA cleared treatment is a minimally invasive surgical procedure where the cords that are tethering the dimples are clipped. The treatment results in a smoother appearance.Dr. Quenby Erickson

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question.Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women. It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding. It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office. Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.  Take care, Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon