Do I have tubular breasts or just sagging breasts? And what it the best way to fix them? (Photo)

20, no children. I have always been extremely self conscious of my breasts. I have very large areoles and quite the size difference between the two. They feel really heavy and super tender at all times.

This does appear to represent tubular malformation with ptosis and asymmetry.

shad,

You appear to have one of the many variant forms of tubular malformation, without the tight narrow base constriction that is often seen, but with oversized areolae, tendency to soft tissue protrusion from behind the areola, sag, asymmetry, and generalized tight base geometry that will still be resistant to radial stretch over an implant. Correction is feasible and will require implants of different size and at least a vertical mastopexy in order to improve the geometric shape and symmetry, while also getting the overall volume as close as possible.  Address of this problem requires an experienced surgeon who should be able to discuss the process and show multiple photos of results from similar starting points.  You should always start with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon, and particularly one with a large experience with augmentation mastopexy.  I hope this helps.  Information regarding tubular malformation is found at the link below, and that page links to a sizable gallery of tubular malformation correction examples.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tu

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, yes it appears you do have tubular breasts.

Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
-Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
-Inframammary fold misshapen
-Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
-Insufficient breast skin
-Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
-Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)

Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve it’s shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!
Dr. Schwartz 

Do I have Tubular Breasts?

I do not think so. You have Breast Ptosis which can be fixed with Breast Lift. Most likely you will have a beautiful result.
Best of Luck

Oladiran Afolabi-Brown, MD
Macon Plastic Surgeon

Not tubular, but surgery will help!

A lift is your best option. That will reduce the size of your areolae and reshape your breast. You'll be a bit smaller, but you'll love your shape! Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast shapes and breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that and thanks for your photos, I do NOT think you have tuberous breasts from this one picture. I see no constriction nor breast distorting your areolas. Tuberous breasts have a great deal tightness in the lower half of the breast. So much so that the breasts will not develop in the lower half. When the breast does start to develop, it will actually grow and extend into the nipple area and make the areolas dilate and protrude. You do not have this. You may some very mild constriction (doubtful), but more likely you have small, underdeveloped breasts. You will need some breast lifts and different sized implants.

I hope you found this helpful. Have a great day.

Tuberous breasts?

Your photos demonstrate mild tuberous breasts with asymmetry. Your options included bilateral Mastopexy with correction of asymmetry and nipple areolar complex reduction with or without implants. Be certain to choose a board certified plastic surgeon with vast experience with tuberous breast surgery, as this type of surgery can be complicated. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Do I have tubular breasts or just sagging breasts? And what it the best way to fix them?

Hi.. thank you for the question and photos... you do not have tuberous breast, you have wide Nipple areola complex and breast asymmetry. This could be treated with a lift (smaller one) and a reduction of the other one with the areola treatment. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Tubular breast correction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a sagging and mild tubular Breast with also assymetry.
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.
There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.
Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast asymmetry with need for lift

From your photos you have both a tubular shape and ptosis (droopiness) to the breasts. Some degree of asymmetry is usually present in most female breasts. A vertical mastopexy of some type (depending on surgeon preference) would correct all three problems. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast lifting. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Tubular breasts or sagging breasts?

Based on your pictures, you appear to have characteristics of both problems.  Tubular breasts are characterized by a constricted, narrow base to the breast as well as enlarged areolae.  The good news is that you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift procedure which should solve these problems as well as give you a perkier shape to your breasts.  I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD