Neck and leg scar from domestic violence. Four weeks old. Treatments? Also scared of judgment.

I'm a domestic violence survivor. He slashed my neck and leg with a shard of glass. Luckily no damage. I required 15 stitches to the right side of my neck, 12 stitches to my leg. Stitches were removed after two weeks. I'm not sure what steps I should take to treat these recent scars? I admit I'm nervous if I need to see a doctor. I was judged once by a doctor for a orthopedic injury from the abuse.

Neck scars and Plato's Scar Serum

Use local wound care; followed by twice daily application of Plato's Scar Serum to help reduce the incidence of scarring. You may need scar revision or laser therapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Thank you for your question in regards to scarring. It is best to start using a topical since the scars are recent and the stiches have been removed. Silagen is a great topical to use to minamize the appearance of scars. 
To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS