Cellulite Treatment, what are my options?

does losing weight removes cellulite ... do I need other treatments to get rid of it ,, what are my options ?

Cellulite needs a combination treatment to get good results.

Cellulite often presents with three components:  1.  Fibrous bands causing dimples  2. Fat herniation causing bulges  3. Skin laxity causing wrinkled skin.  In my hands the best treatment is a combination of subcision for the fibrous bands, Liposuction or Cellulaze for the fat herniation, and Skin tightening with the Fotona SP Dynamis Laser or radio frequency using the EndyMed, Forma or Body FX (Inmode).  I find that if I combine all three technologies in the treatment of cellulite, I am able to achieve the best results.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Thanks for your query. Losing weight doesn’t really help a lot with cellulite. Exiles, Rf based weight loss machines help in improving cellulite. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question.Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women. It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding. It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office. Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.  Take care, Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellulite and weight loss

Cellulite and weight lossWeight loss can make cellulite more visible.  There are a variety of treatments for cellulite including  surgical and non surgical.  Cellfina Platinum, thermismooth, velashape 3 , fat grafting , lipo filling and redistribution and liposuctions can all help

Cellulite – Hi Def Lipo, Kuma Shape, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone, Venus Legacy/Zimmer Z Wave, Vanquish, Ultherapy, Cellfina, Sculptra

Cellulite usually takes combination treatment. VASER Hi def lipo along with VANQUISH combined with exilis or venus legacy can help. Cellfina is the latest treatment for cellulite on the back of thighs. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Cellulite treatment

Here in the US, cellulite is most effectively treated today with Cellfina. This minimally invasive treatment releases the fibrous bands causing cellulite under local anesthesia only. Patient satisfaction rates two years after surgery exceed 90%.

Thanks for your question – and we recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn all of the appropriate options that exist out there for cellulite.  Cellulite is a complicated problem and is related to many factors.  Losing weight may improve the appearance some, but treating usually requires some form of energy based device at this time – whether the Syneron VelaShape III, the EndyMed 3Deep, the Venus Legacy, the Alma Accent (VShape), or other similar devices. All of these radiofrequency based devices help, and maintenance will be required to keep up the results.  There is no magic bullet for cellulite although people are always looking for them – so beware if someone tells you they can make it go away forever – it is usually not the case.  Get the proper consultation and see the appropriate provider.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon