I have a surgical scar shaped like a curved line forming around my belly button (Photo)

Can I use a skin graft to cover this up completely?

Doctor Answers 2

Belly button scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Our Hidef Scar Protocol may help with a combination of fat grafting, fractional lasers, PDL, and Plato's Scar Serum. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Surgical Scar/Belly Button/Skin Graft?--Fraxel/Microneedling, Sculptra/Fat/Bellafill, Subcision, Pulsed Dye Laser; Medical Tatto

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This can be lasered or surgically removed and repaired to improve appearance of the skin.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.