Deep acne scars treatment/surgery for black skin?

I've been suffering from deep acne scars for years. I need help as regard to where to have my acne scars treated through some form of surgery. I'd appreciate it more if address and the surgeon name will be provided.

Acne scars in darker skin types

Sorry, I do not know of any dermatologist in Africa, however there are some US Board certified Dermatologist in the UAE- a quick search will reveal who does acne scarring. In darker skin types I prefer the use of Infini or micro needling insulated RF and PRP over lasers. All the best, and sorry I do not have any addresses. Dr Davin Lim

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne scars on dark skin

You are very smart to becareful with your skin since you do have some pigment in it and could very easily hyperpigment. Please do not do a laser or fraxel unless your skin is prepped for 2 moths before with bleachers to help calm the melonin. This is the problem when doing strong treatments on skin that can hyperpigment and is not prepared for it. You might want to look into Micro Needling because that can be done on all skin types. Micro Needling is a procedure that minimizes scarring and signs of aging by stimulating the skin’s own rejuvenation process. The micro needling pen creates tiny punctures that prompt the immune system to boost blood flow, produce new skin cells, and remodel collagen and elastin. It’s a natural process that helps the body produce tighter, smoother-looking skin. SkinPen® from Bellus Medical represents the latest generation of devices. SkinPen® has popularized microneedling with men and women with busy personal schedules. The procedure is minimally-invasive, sessions are short, and it requires little downtime. I wish you luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Treating acne scars in dark skin

I love using the Infini for acne scars in darker skin types. I don't know exactly what is needed but other treatments which help are subcision, Bellafill, PRP. Multiple treatments are neede and you will always note some scarring. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD