I have a pale, linear, depressed scar on my forehead (in the centre) from an accident occuring when I was about 7 - I am now 19.

I want it revised to be as less conspicuous as possible but worried about going ahead with it right now because the affects the Sun could have on it. I would rather a W-plasty than an excision procedure as I feel that a broken line would be more difficult to follow. From a consulation I had and some things I have seen online, it seems that an excision is the most common procedure for a forehead scar, is there any reason or is it by chance that I've come across this? What treatments do u suggest?

Lasers and surgery for your forehead scar

A combination of surgical scar revision, fillers, fractional laser, and subcision can help improve the scar on your forehead. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Facial Scarring- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest posting photos for further evaluation. There are many options for scars including scar revision with surgery and treatment with lasers, microneedling and PRP afterward. Please see a board certified dermatologist for evaluation and treatment. Best, Dr. Emer