Is there a way to reduce what looks like internal scar tissue from a facial injury? (photo)

In 2012 I was victim to domestic violence. I unfortunately was hit in the left side of my face/jaw mostly with a shop vac. Since the incident I have had what looks like consistent swelling on the corner of jaw. It looks worse if I gain weight but I hate how it looks and it makes me upset I have to see it everyday. Its a constant reminder of the incident and honestly its ugly. Is there anything I can do now to reduce its appearance? 4 years later?

Doctor Answers 1

Kenalog IIT for internal scar tissue

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would first massage with Plato's Scar Serum to soften your scar, followed by Kenalog IIT if possible to reduce scar tissue. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.