What laser works best on fresh postpartum stretch marks? (Photo)

I'm 4 weeks postpartum and have a medium amount of stretch marks on my stomach and some starting to form on my breasts. They are still pink. I see conflicting information that I should start lasering them immediately and other sources say that I should wait until they've faded some. Is there any laser that can help with the color and texture? How many sessions can I expect to complete?

Early stretch marks

It's best to treat early. If red, VBeam or Excel V laser is good to use. I would also consider Infini or Fraxel. They are hard to treat so don't expect perfection. PRP might have some benefit. 

V BEAM or Excel V for easy stretch marks.

New stretch marks are easier to treat than older ones. For new stretch marks (red-purple-pink), my treatment of choice is V BEAM vascular laser combined with compounded Vitamin A creams or a cream called Stratamark.Anothe great laser is the EXCEL V Old stretch marks are harder to treat- my preferred option for old, white, silvery- papery stretch marks is a combination of CO2 fractional laser, or with INFINI RF and PRP. I also use Fraxel ReStore 1550, and also lasers in the 1540 wavelength. Of all the methods I find microneedling with RF energy and PRP the best, as it has the lowest rate of skin colour changes, and the fastest healing time. Results wise, it outperforms CO2 laser! The truth is that stretch mark treatments are HIGHLY variable, depending on your own immune system, your skin type and the age of the stretch marks. Some get a 30% improvement, others up to 80%. An assessment is the very first step.
Dr Davin Lim, Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist