How can I clear my really bad acne marks all over my face?

I have very bad acne scars, red spots all over my face, and acne laser treatments are very expensive, i have to cover up my face with foundation everywhere i go because I'm embarrassed. I don't know what to do. Please help or give me some tips on how I could make it better. Thanks

Acne Scar Treatment

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your skin. Living with acne scarring is not something you have to put up with thanks to the advancement of aesthetic lasers that are equipped to treat a wide variety of skin conditions. 

There are many options to treat acne scarring, so to achieve the best results for your specific case, consult an experienced specialist with a reputable practice. Lasers are a great way to resurface the skin and reduce scars, particularly the Erbium and CO2 lasers. The Erbium laser is a state-of-the-art laser that resurfaces the skin and reduce scars in under an hour. The results are almost instant, and only about 3-4 days of downtime are required. Another option is the CO2 laser. The CO2 laser penetrates the skin deeper than the Erbium; therefore, the results are a little better, but you would need about 7-10 days of downtime. Also, because this laser is more invasive, you do not need multiple treatments like the Erbium. 

At our clinic we often recommend a series of AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser treatments for acne scarring as a starting point, it all depends on the patients current skin condition. AFT is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven and improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.

A consultation with a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars! I would highly recommend a high quality medical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Watch the attached link for more info.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination of treatments

It is hard to give you any advice without pictures and exam. You should make an appointment and consult an expert to get professional opinion regarding your options. Usually fractional lasers as well as peels and microdermabrasion are used to remove scars and improve skin texture. Combination of treatments yields best results. Good luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

The Acne Scar Saviors--Acne Scars Treatment: Lasers, Fillers, Microneedling/PRP

This is tough to answer without pictures. Acne scars require a combination approach. I recommend lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer