What should I do about my acne and acne scars? (photos)

I've struggled with acne for several years. I've tried every over the counter medication such as neutrogena, clearsil, clean and clear, etc. I've seen several dermatologists that have put me on medications that either worked for a short period of time and then the acne came back; or medications that haven't worked at all. I also have acne scars that I need gone. I'm really looking for advice on what I should do next.

Aerolase for Acne breakouts

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear that you have not found a great solution for your acne breakouts. There is a new laser therapy alternative which is the first to treat acne breakouts. It is called the LightPod Neo Aerolase Laser. Aerolase is a laser technology that is FDA approved for acne treatment. Many patients have seen results immediately after one treatment and further improvement with continuing treatment. It reduces the severity of current and future breakouts. The laser penetrates deeply into the skin where heat is generated around the sebaceous glands. The heat damages or destroys the bacteria that have caused your breakouts. It also helps reduce the inflammation. If you are interested please schedule an in-person consultation with a qualified dermatologist.

Cystic Acne that needs Accutane NYC

If you have been struggling for cystic acne for this long and there is clearly no hormonal reason for it then you may consider Accutane as this would be a cure for your acne.  Lasers would be effective such as the VBeam, Fraxel and eMatrix for your scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest seeing an expert for treatments as this will require a number of combination treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.