I'm 19 years old. My breast size is 36D. It's too big. I feel pain so much.

Breast reduction

The size of your breasts can be reduced to make them more proportionate for your body and to reduce any pain that they cause. Your procedure can be done with liposuction and/or excision. In some cases, breast reduction can be covered by insurance. After the surgery, you’ll feel lighter and won’t have the burden of excessively large breasts. 

Breast size is 36D. It's too big. I feel pain so much.

It is advisable for you to see your physician as breast pain may be hormonal.  A D cup is not excessively large so there may be other factors.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Age 19 and Want Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to undergo #breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction can be performed at your age and can accomplish several things in one procedure. The surgeon can reduce the #size of the breasts, make them symmetrical (same size and shape) and complete a lift. By including a #lift with the procedure, your surgeon can also assure correct nipple placement and appropriate areolar size. When you reduce the size of the breast tissue, you can eliminate some of the medical complications frequently experienced by women with large breasts, reduce sleeping difficulties, increase your likelihood of finding clothing that fits and improve self image. Ultimately the size you choose to reduce your breast to, is up to you and your surgeon. However, if you are removing enough breast tissue to decrease your cup size several sizes, you should notice a significant difference. The best place to start is with a consultation with a Board Certifed #plastic surgeon. They will be able to examine you and provide information about your options. This way you can make an informed decision. Good luck!

I'm 19 years old. My breast size is 36D. It's too big.

Thank you for the question. Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Of course, definitive assessment and advice would require in person evaluation.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make. To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast reduction

If you want a breast reduction, then I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for evaluation in person.  Best of luck.

Breast reduction at 19.

You might be a candidate for breast reduction, and consultation is needed along with insurance predetermination to see if coverage will apply. Direct consultation is the best way for you to explore the benefit and trade off of a reduction procedure.

Breast Reduction

You may benefit from a breast reduction.  Often this is covered by insurance.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Scarless breast reduction

Especially for my younger patients I try to see if they are candidates for the liposuction only type reduction. Find a BCPS in you area who specializes in this variation of the operation and look into it. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon