Average price of breast reduction in Australia?

I'm looking for some ballpark figures for the price of a breast reduction in Australia, particularly NSW/ACT. I've seen figures from $5000- $12,000- which is a huge range. Obviously I am after an amazing plastic surgeon not a cheap one but I don't want to be overcharged so I'm interested in opinions of how much is reasonable to pay. Thankyou

#breastreduction

Hi. All breast reductions are similar but not exactly the same. The resultant scars can be minimal scar reductions or the standard anchor scar pattern which is used rarely in my practice. Total costs will vary between $10-15 thousand out of pocket if you are uninsured. If your private insurance covers the item number 45520 then the costs will be about half this. If you post pictures I can let you know which incision is appropriate for you. CheersDamien

Thank you for the question. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon.  I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps. Best wishes.

Cost of breast reduction

Hi there.
Make sure you are being quoted for surgeon, anaesthetist and hospital, as well as any additional costs such as recovery bras, then you will find the costs don't vary as much. See a specialist plastic surgeon, and your total cost will usually be between $9,000 and $14000. See examples of their work and it should be easier to compare.Then you need to take into account Medicare and health fund rebates if these apply. Your surgeon will help you with this.
Our costs are about $11,000 all inclusive, under $10,000 when Medicare rebates are taken into account, and around $6,000 if health insurance rebates are applicable.
I hope this helps

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon

Cost for Breast Reduction

Hi there Luda96,
Our practice has simplified this question for our patients.
The cost for a breast reduction is $10,000 inclusive of hospital, anaesthetist and surgeon.
If you have health insurance then you will get some back from your health fund and medicare. If you do not have private health insurance then you may get a small amount back from medicare.
I hope that is helpful for you.
My staff would be happy to arrange an initial Skype consultation for you if you wish.
Best wishes
Richard

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Dear luda96There are 3 components to the cost of Breast Reduction Surgery.Surgeons Fee, Anaesthetist Fee and Hospital Fee.If you are in a Private Health Fund and your policy covers Breast Reduction Surgery ( Item no 45520, 45520)then a significant portion of your hospital cost and a small part of your surgical and anaesthetic fee will be covered by your health fund and medicare. This will leave you with a 'out of pocket' cost, that will be in the range that you have mentioned. Each Plastic Surgeon will have different fees but I expect that you will find a few who would have middle of the range fee. You may have to call around.Best wishes