What is the highest BMI allowed for a mommy makeover?

I eat very healthy have lost a lot of weight (52lbs) exercise daily but have been at the same weight for almost 3 months.

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your concerns. 

Congratulations on your weight loss!! Your BMI must be below 30, to make any procedure.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Mommy Makeover - Weight loss first?

Thank you for your question and photos.  I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Ideal Weight for a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

BMI cutoff for mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Ideally, it would be beneficial if your BMI is under 30.  This would reduce the risk of complications and would generally improve the aesthetic result.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

BMI and mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Most plastic surgeons prefer patients to have a BMI of 30 or less for a good tummy tuck result.
  • However, depending on the circumstances, some tummy tucks can be done with a BMI as high as 35.
  • Higher than that, and the results will be uniformly disappointing.
  • To find out your BMI, go on-line and search for "BMI calculator" and enter your height and weight.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Highest BMI allowed for a mommy makeover?

Thnak you for sharing your excellent question.  In order to minimize possible surgical and recovery complications, while maximizing your cosmetic appearance, it is best to be at a BMI of 30 or below.  Hope this helps.  

Maximum BMI before mommy makeover?

Most plastic surgeons would like to see a BMI at 30 or less before planning a mommy makeover. While you can have an operation with a higher BMI, you should keep in mind that BMI above 35 has a higher risk of post-operative complications including healing problems, skin breakdown, fat necrosis, etc. Consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience with body contouring surgery.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before mommy makeover

Thank you for your question. Although there is no specific cutoff for cosmetic surgery, it is generally recommended that the BMI be below 30 so as to reduce the risk of complications and improve the overall cosmetic result. I recommend that you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options. Your weight may be acceptable for surgery but it also might be recommended that you lose a bit more and remain stable for a short period of time. I congratulate you on your significant weight loss thus far and wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Mommy Makeover

I recommend a BMI no higher than 33 for several reasons. Most importantly, there are increased chances of complications for patients with BMI greater than 35. Also you will get a much better result losing the weight before surgery. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about weight loss prior to cosmetic surgery, as it may be helpful. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD