Mommy make over - plus size patient. (photos)

I am looking for a doctor to will perform on a plus size patient I am 255 lbs 5'5 and 41 never smoke drink or drugs need to get my tummy removed and lift my breast ASAP looking in miami area

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. Body-mass index is a way to standardize somebody’s weight for their height.  Based on a height of 5’5 and a weight of 255 lb. you have a body-mass index of 42.  This is considered morbidly obese and the risk of having a major complication as a result of your tummy tuck or breast lift would be unacceptably high.  I would strongly recommend against shopping around for a doctor to find surgery on you until you’ve had the ability to lose the weight.  This is a once in a lifetime procedure and you want to do things the right way to maximize your results and minimize your level of complications.  

Mommy Makeover candidate

Safety is the number one priority of your surgeon.  When considering elective surgery it is recommended that a patient's BMI is 30 or below.  This is for your safety during surgery as well as a successful recovery.  If it is unlikely that you'll be able to achieve that goal, it is important that you realize there will be increased risk with your surgery.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy make-over with BMI of 42.4

Thank you for asking about your mommy make--over.

Unfortunately you are too heavy to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. You would need to weigh 180 pounds or less for surgery to give you a reasonably good result. You can have a breast lift however. Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to do your surgery. There are many excellent ones in Miami.

Hope this information is helpful Best wishes, E Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy make over - plus size patient.

Although it would be better to lose additional weight, an argument can be made to remove lose hanging skin at this point.

Best weight for Mommy Makeover

As the other Plastic Surgeons have said, it is best to be close to your ideal weight.

But if this is unlikely to happen and doing the surgery will give you an incentive to lose weight and get back on your feet, I would do the surgery. You would have to understand and accept the increased risk.

We might limit the initial procedure to just a tummy tuck and some liposuction.

Good luck.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Mommy Makeover for Plus Size Patients

It's difficult to determine without a one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Plus size tummy tuck

A plus size tummy tuck can be a great way to contour the waist and jumpstart the weight loss process.  If planned and performed properly a plus size tummy tuck can be safe and effective.  There are several options available to you including a fleur-de-lis tummy tuck which would result in a horizontal incision by your pubic area as well as a vertical incision below and above your belly button.

Good luck with your body contouring journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD