Mommy Makeover without being a mommy, is the risk higher? Is there a price difference?

I never had any kids before and I'm just curious if someone could actually get a mommy makeover even without having kids? Is the risk higher for someone who hasn't? Is there a price higher vs just getting each job individually?

Mommy makeover

You absolutely can have the procedures performed that are typical in a "Mommy Makeover" if you've never had a baby! The tummy tuck procedure may be a little less complex for you depending on if your abdominal muscles are separated.  If they not, the surgery may take less time.  An examination by your surgeon can determine this.  The risk is no higher for you based on not having children.  Prices will vary from surgeon to surgeon and by region.  The best place to begin is meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  At the consultation you can discuss your surgical goals and formulate a plan to help you achieve them.  You can expect a price quotation at that time as well.

Women can receive a mommy makeover without having had kids.

The price is determined by many different factors including the types of procedures that may be appropriate for you.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed hundreds of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Dr. Derby Sang

Price varies depending on where you have your procedure done and with what doctor. MM is just a nick name for any type of combined procedures. i suggest you to contact a PS and go over all your concerns if you are intrested in having any combined surgery.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

A "Mommy Makeover" But Not a Mommy

It's very possible to combine the procedures included in a Mommy Makeover into one surgery regardless of you had children or not. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

In fact, #combining these procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and your recovery time.  The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. 

MM without being a Mommy

Mommy makeover is just a nickname for any two procedures done together usually an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck and a breast surgery.  You do not have to be a mother to have these procedures performed but if you are planning on having children, I would recommend waiting until after you are finished having children before you have these procedures done. Not being a mother has no effect on risk or price.  Having these procedures performed together can reduce the surgery cost since their will only be one anesthesia and supply cost rather than two with having the procedures done separately.  Be sure that you are seeing a surgeon that is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good Luck.

Mommy make-over if you're not a mommy?

Thank you for asking about your non-mommy mommy make-over.

• A mommy make-over is a tummy tuck plus breast surgery -
  • A combination most often needed by women after child-birth, hence it's name.
  • If you need a tummy tuck and breast surgery and aren't a mommy, you can have the procedures done.
  • It should not affect the price in any way.
  • But needing a tummy tuck is unusual (not impossible) in women who haven't had children - you may just need liposuction, not the tummy tuck -
  • So find a plastic surgeon in whom you have confidence and with her/his help, figure out the best plan for you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy makeover

Not having children does not factor into results or complications. Basically a mommy make over is a tummy tuck and either a breast augmentaion or a breast lift with implants. if you have a history of weight gain and loss you put the same stress on the skin and underlying muscle.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

A Mommy Makeover is a combo surgery with Tummy Tuck with Breast Augmentation / Breast Lift. Many patients who benefit from this procedure who have not had children yet. No Higher risk and the cost varies by Location, Surgeon, Anesthesia, Etc.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam. 

Whats the best route to go for achieving natural full breasts? That depends if the needs a breast lift or not and on the size of implant they want. The bigger the implant the less natural it's going to look. Now we also have the silicone that are anatomically shaped and that can give a more natural shape, and less of the round shape of the traditional implants.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Mommy makeover with no kids

The mommy makeover is a variety of procedures that moms undergo to try to reclaim their bodies after childbirth.  All of those procedures are options for patients even if they have not had children.  Costs are typically the same.  The key identifying which procedures will serve you best.  This can be decided during a formal consultation.  Good luck

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many patients who benefit from this procedure who have not had children yet.  It really depends on your individual body.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD