Acne scars and dermabrassion?

I've had Phenool peel and fractional co2 and many other treatments in the past and saw no results. The only thing i haven't tried is the traditional co2 and dermabrassion. Will I see any results from those procedures? Which may be more effective on deep old scars on medium skin color?

Multiple treatments based upon you acne scar TYPE= best outcomes.

Attached video link says it all. Your best results will be targeted treatments based upon scar type. 

Acne scar revision is a specialised field. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert who specializes in all the forms of treatment for scarring.  I suggest a formal consultation.  I do a combination approach in my patients.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars

I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty with these scars.  My recommendation would be to see if you can find a dermatologist in your area who has the Infini-a combination of radiofrequency and microneedling.  The data suggests that this is the most beneficial treatment available for acne scarring and also one of the safest.  Good Luck.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD, FRCPC
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep scars and treatment

Depending on the nature of the scars and your skin type you may not be a candidate for CO2 laser. I would consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert with scars and inquire about EMatrix. Best, Dr. Green