When you get Abdominal Etching, can you wear a board at 4 weeks without the foam?

I had abdominal etching 3 and half weeks ago and I was wondering if I can take off my foam and start wearing the foams under my garment. Thank you.

Ab Etching

Thank you for your question. You may experience moderate to minimal pain, but most patients can return to work within 5-7 days and resume exercise within 3 weeks. Following the procedure, you will be fitted with a compression garment to reduce bruising and swelling. Most bruising and swelling diminishes within 2 weeks. That being said you should be safe to do so but always speak with your board certified plastic surgeon on what their post op instructions for recovery are for your specific needs. 

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz

Ab Etching

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Wish you all the best,

Dr. Mentz

Abdominal etching

With abdominal etching, you only need the form for 2 weeks after surgery. Nothing else would be necessary.

Abdominal etching

Postop instructions

My recommendation since you went to a surgeon whom you trust, is to follow that physicians postoperative instructions to the T.  Call their office and ask them and if the staff does not give you an answer that seems appropriate, ask for a followup appt with the doc so you can discuss it with them. 

Postop instructions

Ab etching compression

Some surgeons think it's okay at 3 weeks, but I recommend checking with your surgeon since everyone approaches this a little differently.

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Ab etching compression

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Abdominal Etching in Beverly Hills

Hi and thanks for the question. Every surgeon has variations in their post-procedural compression protocols - this includes when to remove the foam. I would ask your doctor, as her or she may have specific reasons to keeping it on.

Dr. Vallecillos 

Abdominal Etching in Beverly Hills

Dr. Vallecillos