Skinny but still have stubborn fat and I want ab etching. What procedure should I go for? (Photo)

22/no kids/5'4/118lbs Liposculpture, cool sculpting, etc...what should I go for?

Hello, That's a great question!

You have a beautiful frame a for HD  Lipo, HD Liposculture is an advanced body sculpting technique that creates an athletic, sculpted appearance. It works through the removal of both
superficial and deep fat that surrounds muscle groups to enchance the
visibility of underlying toning and musculature. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see an osteopathic (MD with enhanced body contour/function training) board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.  I wish you well through your procedure and recovery process,

Dr. James S McAdoo DO FACOS

•  20 years experience 
  • 33,000 cases
  • AOA board-certified plastic surgeon 

Beverly Hills Abdominal Etching

Hello and thank you for the question.In review of your photos, if you are looking to achieve a significant amount of definition with optimal results, I would recommend the following:  A combination of Vaserlipo, Power X, and Power-Assisted high-definition lipoplasty with strategic fat-transfer to augment the appearance of rectus abdominis musculature. Depending on your native skin tone, you may also require ThermiRF.Due to the nature of complexity of the procedure and subsequent extended OR times, these procedures can tend to get pricey as compared to conventional lipoplasty. The results are indeed extraordinary, however. Best of luck,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Liposuction could etch well. An alternative would be cold sculpting which would be less etching but would be less of recovery.

Howard S. Caplan, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ab etching

Thank you for submitting your question. Abdominal etching is for patients who want to get rid of the stubborn fat around their abdominal muscles to unveil and augment their natural contours depending on their goals. Be sure to find a board certified surgeon who performs over 100 procedures per year. 

Best of luck to you!Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

What makes a patient a good candidate for abdominal etching?

Abdominal etching is a really popular subset of liposuction in my practice. This is a form of high definition liposculpture that can be done by carefully etching out small amounts of superficial fat along the patient's anatomic lines. To get a great result, the important things are to 1) only work with a board certified plastic surgeon. This is a delicate form of liposuction and you need someone with the experience and tool set to acoomplish this. 2) Take a look at the doctor's work. Call the office, explain what you are looking for and ask for similar patients.3) Make sure that your doctor is using the right tools. Just like you wouldn't paint a portrait with a paint gun, you need a doctor that offers different types of liposuction to meet all of your needs and take out the fat effectively and cleanly. 
When we do abdominal etching, we typically use 3 to 4 different types of liposuction to create the correct thickness of abdominal fat and then to etch around each bony landmark, muscle line, and tendon transcription. You have great skin and are in wonderful shape. Make sure you work with an ABPS board certified plastic surgeon with the correct tools and a lot of experience and you will get a terrific long lasting result. :)