I have decided to go back and switch implants Sientra 695 moderate profile for 800 CC's hp. Do you think I will be happy?

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Best breast implants for revisionary breast surgery?

Although it is not possible to provide you with definitive advice without an person evaluation, most patients are able to "go larger" at a second stage, once the breast tissues have expanded (after first-time breast augmentation).  Sometimes, during this revisionary surgery, adjustment of the breast implant capsules is also necessary to achieve the desired outcome.

You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

I have decided to go back and switch implants to Sientra 800ccs from 695. Will I be happy?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without an in-person discussion as to your goal results, or a full series of photographs that demonstrates your before, current, and goal appearance it is difficult to offer definite advice.  For most women 700cc implants are substantial and increasing to 800 will make a small incremental change in appearance but can add to further risks - tissue sagging, thinning, implant displacement//malposition, etc.  I hope this helps.

Larger Breast Implants

The question is whether making a 100cc difference in implant size will make the exchange effort worthwhile. That is a 12.5% increase in overall breast volume. Usually an appreciable appearance change in breast size requires a 20% to 30% increase in breast implant volume.

Sientra Implants

Sientra implants have been really great.  I would be cautious going to a high profile implant because they can sometimes look unnatural.  There is a moderate plus implant that seems to work best.  I do this procedure under conscious sedation with an MD anesthesiologist.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

You are asking us to answer a question regarding a change in your appearance when we have absolutely no idea what your appearance is. 695cc is too big for most patients, 800cc is vastly oversized for the majority of patients and  will lead to tissue thinning and other problems in the future that will probably be uncorrectable.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

I have decided to go back and switch implants Sientra 695 moderate profile for 800 CC's hp. Do you think I will be happy

Honestly, that is an impossible question to answer. Happiness is something that exists in your mind and in your mind's eye. What makes people happy differs from one person to another. Changing the implants as you describe can make some women feel happier and some feeling sad. It all depends on what they individually perceive as attractive, as that is what will make you happy.

Julio Garcia, MD

Upsize

This is a very difficult question to answer.  First of all, without a picture, it is impossible to answer.  Second, only you know what size/ shape you are looking for so it is hard for anyone other than your surgeon to help you answer.  From a technical perspective, the implant exchange surgery is usually much easier to recover from than the original placement.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.  Best regards, Dr. C

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon