Palpable silicone implants. As I heal will this get any better? (Photos)

Thank you for taking the time to answer this. I'm 4 weeks post op 465 under smooth round sientras. I'm 4'11 105lbs started a 32b. Standing, I can feel the sides of my implants and leaning over, I can see them easily. As I heal will this get any better?

Palpable implants

Is absolutely normal for any breast implant to be palpable. This is especially true when there is little tissue to cover them. Whether they are under the muscle or not, they are usually covered by the least amount of tissue at their outer and lower aspect. This is an acceptable and often quite predictable part of having implants.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Implants are palpable

Implants will always be palpable anywhere they are not covered by muscle or thicker breast tissue. That is normal and not a cause for worry.  Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Ripples and palpability of implants

do not improve with time.  And you have to discern between true palpability or traction wrinkles that will  happen with most implants when people bend over at their waist.  If its truly an issue for you, your only option to minimize them will be to use textured gel implants (more expensive) and your body must heal like a glove around it (more risky) or it will rotate and create funny shapes and looks.  Is it worth the time, money, and extreme risks for disappointment?  I think not and that you should enjoy your new look, even if mildly imperfect, and don't look back as your 'across the room' look is very good.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implant visibility will not improve with time!

Your implants were quite large for your height and weight and therefore are likely to always be palpable and/or visible.  Did you discuss the results with your plastic surgeon?  Were you sized beforehand with prefilled implants to choose the size you wanted? or did your plastic surgeon choose for you?  You should speak with your surgeon about your concerns.  Replacement with a smaller implant or use of an internal pocket "bra"such a sheet of tissue matrix may camouflage or hide rippling or implant folding, but you will need more surgery to get this corrected.  Hope this helps and best of luck!

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon