I'm 5'2. Want 400cc silicone under muscle currently 34A. Any suggestions? (photos)

So going back and forth with CC and not sure if I should go bigger but I'm trying to achieve the small D look.. Any suggestions or opinions from girls that started off with A and went with 400cc??

Breast Implant Size

I appreciate your concern, because size does matter when seeking a natural looking result in breast augmentation. I ask my patients to bring in photos of breasts the size they desire, because there can otherwise be confusion because B or C cup can vary greatly by brassiere manufactures! I also utilize the implant in the bra technique, with several different implant sizes with a tighter fitting T-shirt to get an idea of what you will look like. Finally, I prefer to meet with my breast implant patients at least twice before surgery, so I am confident that I know exactly what her desires regarding shape and size are. I then have several sized implants in the patient's desired range available in the OR to allow me to tailor the operation to her needs. Be certain your surgeon understands your desires and you should do great as this operation carries a very high satisfaction rate. Good luck!

Breast implant size

There are over 200 sizes, shapes, and styles of implants available on the market today.  Doctors tend to have their preferences concerning which ones they use the most.  Also, since everyone is different, one size/style/shape does not fit everyone.  Having said that, questions regarding which size, volume, etc. to use should be decided in consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and review your options with you in detail.  It's even a good idea to get a couple of consultations so that you can get differing opinions.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift. I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Deciding on Breast Implant Size & Placement

Factors which contribute to the outcome of Breast Augmentation are #size, #shape, and #profile.
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile.

This may also provide some insight. If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest. As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.

#Subpectoral or #submuscular implants refer to placement under the muscle which still remains the most common placement in the United States. #Submammary or #subglandular implants are the placement under the breast tissue in front of the muscle. This tends to more common in Europe and South America. General guidelines suggest that women with larger drooping (ptosis) breasts that do not want a breast lift often have the implant placed above the muscle, although another option, #DualPlane, has become more popular. In the Dual Plane method, the implant is placed under the pectoralis muscle but the breast tissue is also release, in part, from the muscle. Those patients with minimal breast tissue should usually have the implant placed beneath the pectoralis muscle for more soft tissue padding.

Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape, size and placement of the #implants to be used. Lastly, another important element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.

400 cc implants

The only way to size you properly is to evaluate you in person .You would need to examined in person and review your goals. Best of luck.

I'm 5'2. Want 400cc silicone under muscle currently 34A. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question and photographs. Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations. It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like. Best wishes!

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "small D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hard to answer what your ideal implant size is without specific breast measurements AND an in person exam. Remember to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who actually takes the time to measure you and examine your breast pocket The goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery, regardless of the implant size. Remember also that sizers only give you a rough estimate. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations to determine the best size for you. Good luck!

Which Size Breast Implant is Best for Me? #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

• You may do very well with a 400 cc implant.
  • However, an in-person examination along with measurements taken by a board certified plastic surgeon (ASPS) is necessary to help determine the best size implant for your frame. 
  • Also, we always have our breast augmentation patients do sizing with actual silicone implants here in our office with the assistance of our experienced nursing staff.   This really helps our patients choose the right implant.  This exercise is also repeated at the pre-operative appointment in addition to the first consultation. 
  • Definitely meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out more!