I'm 2 months post op breast augmentation. My incision is sore. What can I do about it?

I'm 2 months post breast augmentation..............

local massage to your scar may well help with your symptoms. However it is essential that you see your plastic surgeon to make sure that there is no other pathology going on.

Perth Plastic Surgeon

At 2 months you may be developing a hypertrophic scar on your breast implant incision.  It is important that UCR plastic surgeon for proper scar treatment which can include topical steroids or laser treatments.

Incision Pain

It is not unusual to still feel some tension or nerve related pain at two months post however if you have sudden/new incision pain, ask your Plastic Surgeon to examine you.

All the best

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 months post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

2 months post op incision soreness

Thanks for your question.  Breast augmentation surgery usually involves multiple layers of suture for closure.  Although some discomfort at the incision sight is often normal, I recommend that you follow-up with your PS to evaluate.  Good luck.

Please see your surgeon

You should see your surgeon for evaluation and possible treatment for hypertrophic scar. This can be minor issue and can be treated with topical silicone gel or Kenalog injection.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your incision soreness.  Assuming your healing has gone without issue and your incision is closed and looks appropriate it may be a good time to start scar massage to help minimize the thickness of the scar and to help desensitize the surrounding skin.  Talk to your surgeon about ways to help minimize your discomfort and the appearance of your scar.