Is my post op bra too tight?
Doctor Answers 3
Post-op bra is too tight
Breast augmentation - severe bra pain at day 6
- Sorry you are in pain -
- If your bra is painful you must remove it without delay.
- You can put on a looser one instead.
- Your description suggests it is much too tight.
- Contact your surgeon in the morning for further instructions including the kind of bra, exercises to stretch the back and if you can sleep on your side now.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Tight Post Op Bra
Thank you for your question. The level of swelling you may have for the first week is difficult to predict. This could be temporarily making your bra too tight, or it could just be poorly fitted. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon to ask what you can do in order to be more comfortable while supporting your breasts.
All the best