Help with fluid filled malar edemas (Photo)
Doctor Answers 10
Water bags under the eyes post #cheekimplants? Festoons?
It is possible to see malar swelling post cheek implants and also after fat grafting and also fillers. It often resolve in 1-3 months.
Rarely, a reaction to the implant is the cause.
Most other times, the patients are prone to "festoon" and any surgery or procedure in the same region can exacerbate this anatomical predisposition. Diluted steroids can help but should be done carefully and in small dose as steroids around the eyes can rarely lead to glaucoma.
Hope this helps!
Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon
You might also like...
Persistent malar swelling after placement of impla during a facelift.
#facelift #cosmeticsurgery #recovery #scars #beauty
Thank you for your question and photo! I am sorry you are having trouble. There are 2 products that can help-
LYMPHDIARAL® Drainage-Cream, LYMPHDIARAL® drops
With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD
Coral block cheek implants - severe malar edema
- I am very sorry this has happened.
- Coral block cheek implants are reported to work well but are not approved for use in the USA.
- There are no very large studies into them either.
- Persistent edema with no improvement for 3 months suggests that either you are allergic to something in the coral or there is an infection.
- Ask your plastic surgeon to do an ultrasound to see if there is evidence of infection around the implant.
- A steroid injection may help if it is an allergy.
- If it doesn't resolve, you and your surgeon will need to discuss their removal.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Swelling with coral cheek implants
wishing you best of luck
Help with fluid filled malar edemas.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.