Cellfina or thigh lift? (Photo)

I'm scheduled for Cellfina in a few weeks but now I'm wondering if a thigh lift is truly what I need and I'm going to be throwing my money away on the Cellfina. I don't need and explanation as to what each one is. I would like to know if by looking at the pictures should I be getting the Cellfina or a thigh lift?

Cellfina does NOT tighten thigh skin

Cellfina has not been FDA approved for use in the anterior thighs because it has not demonstrated any ability to tighten or lift the loose skin in that area. A thigh lift with long incisions from the inside of the knees to the inside of the groin will tighten up that skin. However, this is a procedure with a tough recuperation and a permanent set of scars. I suggest you get a second opinion from a board-certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with Cellfina before embarking on this procedure.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Try Cellfina First

Thanks for the question and the photos. It doesn't appear that the skin laxity in your thighs is significant enough to warrant a thigh lift. I do believe Cellfina will give you the smooth result you want. If you're still unhappy with your results once they've fully developed, you may want to proceed with surgical intervention. But it's important to approach it incrementally, and at this point, I recommend going ahead with Cellfina (the less invasive option) before opting for surgery. 

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question.Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women. It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding. It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office. Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.  Take care, Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellfina treatment

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina or thigh lift?

Best bet is to undergo an in person evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in both Cellfina and thigh lifting. When they examine you and feel your thigh tissues, they should be able to tell you the degree of improvement you should experience with Cellfina or a thigh lift procedure.

Cellfina Treatment Beverly Hills

Hello and thank you for the question. From the photos provided, your native thigh laxity does not appear extreme enough to warrant a thigh lift.  Additionally, and on that note, while Cellfina will help correct the cellulite, a thigh lift will not correct this condition in and of itself.  A multi-faceted approach is required to optimized results.  If your goal is to improve the cellulite, Cellfina is a reasonable option. Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD