Possible corrective procedure for bad lipo results to thighs? (Photos)

I had lipo 20 years ago which left me with deformity and irregularity's. I have tried corrective lipo twice, smart lipo, velasmooth and a lower body lift. The result is less than perfect and it makes me feel very depressed. Is there anything I can do now to improve the look of my thighs and the skin above my knees or am I going to have to live with these results? My latest consultation suggested Cellfina? I am 40 yrs old, 125lbs and a regular at the gym. I would appreciate an honest opinion!!

A combination of procedures would be best for you.

You are in the same situation as many of us women who had liposuction in our youth and now our loosening skin is showing some previously hidden dents. It looks like a combination of micro-blending liposuction with possible fat grafting would be a great start. If there are any true septal dimples, then these can be released with Cellfina. I have seen and treated any women with similar appearances and most revisions can be done in the office with careful thoughtful planning.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Correction of bad liposuction with Cellfina

Correction of bad liposuction with CellfinaBased on your photos, IMO  you may do better with a combination of procedures   that include velashape 3, thermi smooth or similar.  Cellfina is best for localized cellulite of buttocks and posterior thighs.

Corrective procedure for bad lipo results to thighs?

While Cellfina might be helpful, I think fat injections and Ulthera to help tighten your skin laxity would be better. Best bet is to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist near you experienced in all of these modalities. They can examine you, then discuss treatment options with you.

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Cellfina

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry to hear this bothers you so. Cellfina has not been approved for treating the front side of the thighs yet. I know people are doing it, and seeing good results. But, for now, I'd avoid that. It seems as though you've tried just about everything else out there. The only other idea I might suggest is getting a trainer to help you with muscle strengthening exercises to see if that wouldn't improve your shape. Three months of dedicated quadriceps workouts might help tighten your skin by adding shapely muscle. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

Cellfina can be used on small areas but larger ones will cause the front of the knees to drop and thermiRF with thermage or ultherapy would be useful. I inject sculptra to this area to get more collagen. Sometimes a VASER hi def treatment is needed with fat grafting to improve this.  Please see a 4D contouring physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.   It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon