Tissue hardening after cellulite... Is it normal?

I had Cellfina done almost 6 weeks ago. The bruising is mostly gone, but there are very hard lumps that remain, which almost make my outer thigh look worse than the cellulite did! I went to a follow up with my doctor and she reassured me it was normal, but I'm concerned. I've been doing endermologie treatments to help soften up the lumps but so far have seen little improvement (I've had 6 endermologie treatments). Is this normal, and if so when can I expect these to go away?

Tissue Hardening after Cellfina

It is normal to experience some lumps and bumps after Cellfina. I would suggest gentle massage in these areas. I would not be too concerned as long as the areas are not red, hot or painful. Give it time.

Tissue Hardening & Cellfina

After treatment with the Cellfina System, fluid accumulation and tissue hardening are desired side-effects of the procedure and a normal part of the body’s healing process. Over several weeks time, fluid dissipates with the formation of new tissue. At 6 weeks, there can still be evidence of small pockets of fluid and tissue hardening in patients. Gentle massage can help patients to minimize discomfort and speed up the healing process. As treatment areas heal from the procedure, these side-effects resolve to reveal smoother, firmer skin. It is important to follow-up with your board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure proper healing and your satisfaction with the procedure. Good luck in your recovery!

Jerome H. Liu, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Firmness after Cellfina

Areas of firmness and softness are normal variations within the first 3 months following Cellfina.  Because very small pockets are created to release the fibrous bands, small amounts of fluid or blood can accumulate and create these soft or hard areas.  If the pocket is filled with a small amount of fluid, it may feel soft.  If the pocket is filled with a small amount of blood, it may feel firm.  Firmness is something we have seen in a small percentage of our Cellfina patients and this resolves over time, and should significantly improve in 3 months.  Follow up with your provider for an exam and assessment to ensure there is nothing abnormal that needs further investigation.  However, firmness is a normal variation and should resolve over time.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Hard lumps after having Cellfina x 6 weeks.

Hi there, Unfortunately there are side effects with most cosmetic elective procedures. Scar tissue can be formed during any invasive treatment. Massage and warm compresses can help with the hardening and discomfort you're experiencing. This can last several months. Visit your FACS for a follow up visit as soon as you can.
#nodules  #scartissueaftercellfina   #dimples

Hard lumps after Cellfina?

Unfortunately this is a normal effect which happens in response to the fibrous septae bands being cut. You may be feeling some scar tissue build up. Massage is an excellent way to break this up, and over time it will subside. 
Best of luck to you!
#cellfina #cellulite #hardlumps

Any time a soft tissue procedure is performed, such as Cellfina or liposuction, soft tissue lumps can be seen in the early post-op period. This usually resolves with massage and time as these tissues heal. I think the endermologie treatments will also help the process. Good luck!

Cellfina

Thank you for your question. The lumps are most often from scar tissue formation during the healing process. In my practice we have had success with massage and ultrasound treatments to eliminate the lumps.

Cellfina recovery

Thank you for your question. Yes. I've been noticing this same finding in my patients, but it seems to get significantly better by 3 months. Massage is felt to be the best treatment for this, and it just is the body's reaction to having the procedure (swelling in response to the cutting of the connective tissue bands). Hang in there... this procedure has a very high satisfaction rate once healed. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina and Hard Lumps

We use venus legacy and cellutone or z wave to prevent against this type of hardening. I suggest you see an expert in body contouring.  Sculptra also improves this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tissue hardening after Cellfina

Everybody responds differently to surgery but what you describe sounds within norm after a Cellfina treatment. Continue to follow up with your doctor. They know how you were treated and can continue to monitor your progress to be sure you get the anticipated result from your procedure.