Would like to do liposuction of the trunk, abdomen, flank, bra rolls do I need a tummy tuck?

hi, id like to do lipo of the abdomen, flanks, and bra rolls, im 138 pounds 5'4. i have lost weight before so i do have some stretch marks on my abdomen but the skin is pretty tight. do i need a tummy tuck?

Nothing can replace a face-to-face exam and consultation but from your photographs it appears that liposuction would be helpful for you.  Loose skin will remain present but may be acceptable to the benefits of liposuction with a minimal scarring necessary. Good luck and best wishes, title RealSelf

An in-person consultation can help determine which procedures are best for you.

As you do not appear to have excess skin around your abdomen, it is unlikely that a tummy tuck would be recommended in conjunction with liposuction. Tummy tucks are generally most suitable for those who have excess skin or loose abdominal muscles, neither of which appear to apply to you. However, I would recommend a consultation with an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to make a more accurate recommendation after meeting with you in person and discussing your specifics and desired outcome.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I  specialize in Vaser Hi Definition Liposuction and Body Contouring procedures.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction or tummy tuck.

• You are probably a good candidate for liposuction but --
  • With stretch marks and having lost weight, please see a plastic surgeon to find out if excess skin needs to be removed as well.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction and body contouring #tmbcosmeticsurgrery #beauty #liposuction

Dear Gloriajee

Thank you for your question and photos!  You can start with liposuction - you may get some skin retraction and not need any skin removal.  

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- CANDIDATE?

For the most contoured and flat outcome you will need liposuction with skin removal.  I suggest you see an expert in 4D body contouring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction versus abdominoplasty

Liposuction with a laser such as HD vaser liposuction can give a very nice result. It decreases the need for a tummy tuck. However, if your skin does not shrink, than a TT would be the next step. Good luck!

Maria M. LoTempio, MD, FACS

Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck , Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Adibfar

Hello;

One would be able to give you a much more accurate answer after a complete examination evaluating your abdominal skin and muscle tone.

Your options would be :

1) liposuction alone which would give you some shape however may end up with some lower abdominal skin laxity and bulge

2) mini tummy tuck which includes plication of abdominal muscles , liposuction and excision of some  loose lower abdominal skin

3) full tummy tuck , which could give you the flattest tummy with the most curves 

Please feel free to review our "body enhancement " gallery where you may find a patient that resembles you,

Thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Liposuction vs. tummy tuck in 22 year old

Your breast scars will provide a good clue as to what scars you should expect from a tummy tuck.  If you can accept the scars, a tummy tuck will give you the best shape and skin tone.  Liposuction is still a good option, but even if your skin shrinks well there will be no opportunity to improve your abdominal wall shape as could be obtained through a tummy tuck.

Good Luck!

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and upper/lower back.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD