What is the average recovery time for Flanks Lipo?

Flank liposuction - average recovery

Thank you for asking about your flank liposuction recovery.

Assuming this is an average liposuction of 2 L or less, you will hurt for about 3 days, be stiff and sore for about 2 weeks but be able to return to a sedentary job in a week.The final swelling result after all surgery takes 6 months.

If you have little children, it helps a lot to have help during the day for a week, and ideally 2 weeks as lifting babies will make you much more sore.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Patients usually recover from liposuction pretty quickly.  However, swelling can persist for several months.

Aftercare and Recovery After Liposuction--Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, Cellutone/Zwave

The average down time is 2-3 days, but swelling can persist for 3-6 months. I recommend adding hyperbaric oxygen and lymphatic massage along with compression in order to reduce swelling. To improve final results, 

I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. 

For hi def procedures healing can be 2-4 weeks with more agressive approaches.  Best, Dr. Emer

Generally quick recovery after flanks lipo

Hello and thanks for your question. Generally you'll need about 2-3 days of downtime before going back to work. That applies to desk jobs and generally sedentary work. If your job involves heavy lifting or is otherwise physically demanding, you may need to wait 7 days or so before going back to work. You should plan to be up and walking the day after surgery, but cardio and other exercise may be resumed after about 1-2 weeks. More intensive exercise is typically cleared after several weeks. Best wishes.

Adam L. Basner, MD

Liposuction recovery

Thank you for your question.  Average recovery time for liposuction to flanks only is 2-3 days for most sedentary jobs.  You will still be wearing a compression garment after the surgery for a few weeks, until swelling has subsided.  If you are more active, I would recommend about 7 days.  Most patient go back to light cardio within 1-2 weeks.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though pain/soreness is often proportional to the amount of liposuction performed, I would allow yourself at least 2-3 days of recovery before entertaining the possibility of returning to work with a compression garment.  If your work requires heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling I would allow yourself 5-7 days of recovery.  Hope this helps.

Normally flank liposuction alone has a very short and easy recovery.  Pain, tenderness and swelling should be very tolerable within 24 hours although there will be subtle swelling for 2-4 months.  If your work is non-physical you should be able to return to work within about 2-3 days.  Good luck and enjoy your results. Watch the video link above for more information that may be of interest and use to you.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD