What can I do to decrease swelling and bruising after lipo of mons pubis?

I am 2 days post op from tummy tuck with muscle repair and liposuction and lift of my mons pubis area. Everything looks really good, but this area is now very swollen and purple, almost black with bruising. Is there anything I can do to reduce the swelling and bruising? I understand that this is common but want to get back to normal as soon as possible.

Recovery after mons pubis liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

There isn't much you can do to speed up the healing but for some people, continuing ice compresses will help. For other people, a compression garment will help. But often, one just has to be patient.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mons swelling after tt and lipo.

Hi Lisablue

Your mons has taken a (surgical) beating and the swelling and bruising is just a normal part of the healing process.  This will subside in the next couple of weeks.  You need to be patient, and the bigger issue is the recovery from the TT.  You really need to understand that you will need to commit at least 6 weeks, and when you are going through it, it is a long slog.

Be well.

sek

Normal to have swelling and bruising after liposuction. Best to wear your compression garment and follow your operating surgeon's postop instructions. Remember that with time, swelling and bruising resolve! You may want to look at other modalities, such as treatment with Venus Legacy RF, to help resolve the swelling/bruising quicker. Good luck!

Post lipo swelling

Thank you for your question. It is very early post op period. Please follow instructions from your PS. May be lymphatic massage along with venus legacy may help. Please talk to your PS 

Add some aftercare post liposuction--Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish, Cellutone, Hyperbaric Oxygen, Lymph Massage

I recommend adding lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen in addition to compression in order to help reduce swelling. To improve final results, I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. Best, Dr. Emer

Brusing two days after surgery

Thanks for your inquiry, but at only two days you should only listen to the recommendations of your plastic surgeon.  He/she will know what therapies would be safe and effective given his/her technique.  Hope you have a speedy recovery.