I had lipo on my calves in August. Is it normal to have throbbing hot sharp pain in my knees and my calves don't feel right?

I thought I was healing ok but now I have throbbing, hot, sharp pain in my knees and my calves feel like they are not getting blood to them (kind of like I have a rubber band around my knees) and they hurt all they way down to my ankles. Is this normal will it go away. I am still wearing my compression hoses.

Liposuction of the calves - now have throbbing pain

Thank you for asking about your calf liposuction.

You should return to your plastic surgeon to be checked. Although calf recovery is difficult, a sudden change like this is unusual. It may be that the compression hose are too tight - but it could be something else. So please see your surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Follow Up With Your Doctor--Pain after Liposuction

Some pain can be expected after your procedure, but due to the timing and the severity you described I recommend following up with your Dr. for an evaluation. I also recommend adding lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen to help with any residual swelling. To improve final results, I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. Best, Dr. Emer

Late onset leg pain after liposuction

I am sorry to hear about your concerns.  At three months after surgery, pain is not a very common problem.  This seems true because of the late onset.  Although it could just be the "nerves waking up" and normal healing, it is worth your while to be seen by your plastic surgeon for evaluation and reassurance.  Best wishes.

Pain after liposuction

Of course some pain after liposuction is normal.

However, nerve related pain must be dealt with early and aggressively.  Make sure to bring this to the attention of your doctor and they can recommend appropriate measures.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Pain in legs

Thanks for your inquiry.  I suggest you call your surgeon to be examined because it is hard to advise without an exam.  The symptoms you are experiencing seem could be normal healing or represent something significant, good luck.  

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Being that your surgery was in August, only 3 months ago,  you are still very early on in the healing and recovery process. If this continues to bother you, I would suggest making an appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to be evaluated in person. Good Luck!

Healing takes time

You are still very early in the healing phase.  Be patient.   It takes a year before healing is complete.  Go see you doctor for reassurance.    My Best,   Dr Commons