Dent and concave thigh two months after lipo? (Photo)

I have a dent and concave area in my thigh. It's been two months and a couple days after lipo. I am really worried it's permanent. It hurts a little as well. It doesn't have any fat underneath it, but fat surrounding it with a lump under it. Do these things ever work themselves out? I've read they can only be fixed with fat grafting.

Liposuction - is my dent permanent?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You will need to wait another 4 months to get your answer because things are still swollen. Let your surgeon know of your concerns and be sure to return to see her/him between 6 and 7 months after the procedure.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Still too Soon to Tell--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone

It is still too early for your results. Swelling can cause some irregularities for 3-6 months. I recommend adding lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen along with your compression. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. Best, Dr. Emer

Dent

Thank you for the question and sorry for your problem but you are still early post op.  So massage the area and relate your concerns to your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Dent and concave thigh two months after lipo?

Thank you for your photos and question.  At this stage I think your only option is to gently massage the area and wait until you have had complete resolution of swelling. This usually occurs 4 to 6 months after the procedure.  You are correct however that if an indentation remains your best option may be revision with fat grafts.  Some liposuction with small cannulas of the surrounding area may decrease the prominences but at the appropriate time a face-to-face consultation will give you your best advice.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction Irregularity

Unfortunately, you have a permanent irregularity after inner thigh liposuction.  Please wait a full 6 months, before considering revision. You will need a revision surgery that includes internal scar rupture, further liposuction of peripheral fat, and possibly fat grafting directly to the defects. Known as the SAFE method of revision liposuction (multiple publications PRS, Simeon Wall, Jr., M.D.), it is recognized by my academic peers as the best way to fix liposuction irregularities. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Overcorrection following Liposuction

Recovery from liposuction typically takes 6 months, so it is too early to seek any correctional procedure. What you can do immediately is treatments with energy-based devices such as Venus Legacy or shockwave treatments with Z-wave or cell actor. These will aid recovery and enhance lymphatic drainage allowing the tissue to redistribute and revitalize as naturally as possible. 

Neil Sadick, MD