Lateral tension vs standard abdominoplasty?
Doctor Answers 4
High lateral tension abdominoplasty
Leland Deane MD FACSManhattan, Garden City, Babylon, NY
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
You might also like...
Lateral tension vs standard tummy tuck
- The lateral tension tummy tuck tightens the deep fascia along the side of the body -
- It definitely tightens the thigh to some extent and is an excellent procedure.
- But it needs a longer incision -
- Some surgeons do tummy tucks with short, straight across incisions -
- Although I do not like the results of the short incisions, they are often used and to many women the short incision is the most important consideration.
- So have your surgeon explain the different results you will expect and the different incisions, so you can make an informed decision.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.